Fuel EX AL is an aluminum full suspension mountain bike frameset that makes the perfect start for a capable trail bike build. Trail-tough alloy tubes, the latest in Trek trail bike frame tech, and a 130mm of travel with a RE:aktiv shock make it a great choice for riders who want a bike that can handle everything from serious all-mountain riding to endurance races.
It's right for you if...
You ride more than one type of trail, so you're searching for a versatile trail bike platform that will give you the best bones for a ride that's quick and capable on a variety of terrain.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Platinum Aluminum frame with 130mm of travel and Mino Link adjustable geometry, a FOX Performance shock with Trek's exclusive RE:aktiv damper, and an included Bontrager Line stem and Knock Block headset that prevents damage to the frame from spinning handlebars and fork crowns. Built for a PF92 bottom bracket and a 140mm fork.
The final word
Fuel EX AL is burly enough for big features but agile enough for fast group rides and even endurance races. It's a great all-around frameset for the mountain biker who doesn't want to do just one kind of riding, but wants to explore all kinds of terrain on a single full suspension trail bike.
Why you'll love it
- RE:aktiv is firm when you're pedaling and plush over bumps
- This bike is perfect for shredding singletrack, hitting drops, and pushing your limits in multi-stage and marathon events
- Internal cable routing and Control Freak Cable Management make it easy to spec with quality trail bike tech, like a dropper post
- We expanded our size range from XS through XL to ensure a better fit for all riders
- Control Freak Cable Management allows you to run any combination of cables exactly the way you want, while still giving you sleek looks and protecting your cables against unnecessary wear
Smaller frames (XS and S) have a top tube that dips down as it approaches the seat tube. This design makes for a lower standover height, which is good for shorter riders because it allows them to straddle their bike more easily. Larger frames (M and up) have a straight top tube because taller riders with longer legs typically don’t have the same issues with standover height.
Sizes X-Small – Small: 27.5-inch
Sizes Small – XX-Large: 29-inch
Fork sold separately
Contact us for parts packages
|Frame||Alpha Platinum Aluminum, tapered head tube, Knock Block, Control Freak internal routing, downtube guard, ISCG 05, magnesium rocker link, Mino Link, ABP, Boost148, 130mm travel|
|Headset||Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom|
|Rear Shock||Fox Performance Float EVOL, RE:aktiv 3-position damper, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 210x55mm|
|Accessories & Extras||Bontrager Line Stem, 35mm, Knock Block, 0 degree|
* Subject to change without notice.
Trek Fuel EX
|Matte Dnister/Matte Axinit / Medium / 29-inch||601842197905||592140||TRE40176565T|
|Matte Dnister/Matte Axinit / Large / 29-inch||601842197929||592142||TRE40224722T|